Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 28, 2009

Greetings, my friends! Sorry I have been somewhat absent from blogging and from the show during the month of June. After the Earth Spirit Celebration my life kind of went off in a different direction for a little while. But we shall just have to wait and see what comes into my life next.

We did have another wonderful show, despite Damon being so very tired. Heh. For a change I wasn't the one dragging myself in at the last minute and being barely coherent during the show. It is good to see that I am not the only one who suffers from the lack of sleep issue sometimes.

As this weeks show fell between Midsummer and the 4th of July, Murf decided to pay tribute to both. So we played some wonderful pieces to celebrate the summer months and our country's independence. We played Pagan Solider from Dragon Ritual Drummers' Passage CD.

We were also finishing up our midsummer pledge drive. For the two Sundays of the pledge drive, we would like to thank Corwin, Larry, and Lil Jen for their pledges. Between the three of them we raised $175 just during our show. I am not sure how much was raised all together for the station, but I believe it was over $10,000. Thank you, all of the KZUM listeners! Remember, you can pledge anytime, not just during our pledge drives. Visit the KZUM web site and click on the Pledge link.

Next week is 4thof July weekend, and we will be playing some lively music to help celebrate our freedom. In the spirit of freedom, we would like to extend to you, the listener, the opportunity to help us plan our shows. We would like to do theme shows from time to time, and even with our very creative imaginations, we need more than just three heads to come up with some ideas. You can email me at dorian.nos@gmail.com or call the radio station (402-474-5086) during the show to give us suggestions.

Again, thank you for listening! -Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment