Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Mess for Sunday, October 19, 2009

Greetings and well met, my friends! Thank you for being so patient with me. I am attempting to get caught up on my blogging for the Mess and for Pagan-Musings. I know I am VERY far behind on PM, but at least the Mess is going to be easy to get caught up on. :)

Sunday was a wonderful show, as always! We had another visit from the Polka Goddess (Thursday mornings at 10am CST) and she suppliedus with some rather interesting animal polka music to fit with week two of our Animal song marathon.

We also wrapped up our pledge drive with getting another $1000 pledge from a faithful listener, Stephanie. THANK YOU!
  1. Wytches Chant '98 - Inkubus Sukkubus - Away with the Faeries
  2. Begin Again - Terri Liles Mason - Om Giaia
  3. Die & Be Reborn - Abigail Spinner McBride - Fire of Creation
  4. (NEW) Persephone - Bruce Mitchell - New Earth Goddess
  5. (NEW) Forgotten Dreams - Michael Stribling - Promise
  6. Never So Many Colors - Matthew Labarge - October
  7. Ancient Woods - Conni St. Pierre - Between the Branches: Legends of the Wild
  8. The Borderlands - Conni St. Pierre - Between the Branches: Legends of the Wild
  9. Down Moon - Gunner Madsen - Two Hands
  10. March of the Faeries - Heartbeat - Bloodmoon
  11. Dragons - Anne Lister
  12. God's Dog - Tad Laven
  13. Lizard Dreams - Cecelia Eng - Songs by Mercedes Lackey
  14. Sheik Shaboon - Heather Bishop
  15. Atenveldt Invasion - Leslie Fish & Joe Bethencourt
  16. Banana Slugs Racing Down the Fields - Austin Lounge Lizards
  17. Misconceptions - Heather Alexander & Leslie Fish
  18. (POLKA) Chillin/Dark Dance - Polkacide
  19. I Had a Rooster - Pete Seeger - Birds, Beasts, Bugs & Fishes: Little to Big Animal Folk Songs
  20. Teenage Mutant Kung Fu Chickens - Ray Stevens - #1 with a Bullet
  21. (POLKA) Big Balls in Cow Town - Jimmy Sturr w/ Willie Nelson
  22. Animal Song - Savage Garden - Affirmations
  23. (POLKA) Weener Dog Polke - Polkacide
  24. Cat & the Fiddle - Phoenix - Keepers of the Fire
  25. Do Virgins Taste Better than Those Who Are Not - Bodbiangian Bards
  26. House of Mama Dragon - SJ Tucker
Be sure to tune in weekly at 9am CST on Sundays to catch Murphy's Magic Mess. Murph is there EVERY week and Damon most every week. For a little while I will be sporadic in my attendance. I have gotten a new job and we are still working out the details of my availability. Looks like I will be at the station only once a month for a little while, but I am going to keep up on these postings as long as Damon remembers to send me the set lists every week! Unfortunately, work does not allow us to listen to the radio, so those Sundays that I am not at the studio I do not get to listen to the show.

But, I will be there this Sunday as we start our decent into the Dark of the Year. Listen for songs by Marc Gunn off his happy Songs of Death CD (released August 2009) as well as more from the Epic of Gilgamesh and other interesting takes on Death and Dying.

We should also have a special guest coming this weekend, Dale Bacon will be gracing us with his presence and we will talk about the Ghosts of Lincoln tour that he conducts each year, as well as other aspects of his interesting and unique story telling style. I am definitely looking forward to it and I hope you are as well.

Pax Musica!

No comments:

Post a Comment