RevKess's main animal totem is the Dolphin, but he has several animal guides that appear throughout his life. The Eagle when Heru is trying to get his attention, the Crow when he is getting too smug, Praying Mantis when he needs to stop and look at what he is doing, and Cat when he forgets that he is an independent person who does not require the approval of others.
KaliSara had an experience with an animal totem meditation in which she communicated with the Spotted Skunk.
People's experience withe Animal Guides and Totems varies far and wide. One thing to remember when seeking to meet and communicate with your Animal Spirits and Totems is to research the animal. Use some of the books listed below, but also do mundane research. Learn the animal for yourself. And if you run across the animal in your daily activities, talk with it.
Below you will find the play list, links list and book list from the show.
Music Play List:
- The Gypsy's Ribbon - A Perfect Blend - A Taste of the Ribbon
- Michael Brant DeMaria - Anima Mundi - Gaia
- Emerald Rose - Fire in the Head - Songs for the Night Sky
- Lis Addison - Kunda Hey - Grace of the Green Leaf
- Pandemonaeon - Song of Mari - Dangerous Beauty
- Emerald Rose - Freya, Shakti - Bending Tradition
- Paradiso & Rasamayi - Flow - 3rd Eye Rising
- Ted Andrew's author bio and book list on Llewellyn.
- Find Your Totem
- Animal Spirits
- Lupa, the Green Wolf - resources for a slightly darker side of the animal
- Animal Speak by Ted Andrews
- Animal Spirit Guides by Chris Luttichau
- How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides by Ted Andrews
- Nature-Speak: Signs, Omens and Messages in Nature by Ted Andrews
- Meditations with Animals: A Native American Bestiary by Gerald Hausman
- Animal Wise by Ted Andrews